My new born son who is 1 week old is showing symptoms of birth trauma. How do I go about filing a Birth Trauma claim?

While delivering my son, my doctor decided, at the last minute, to use forceps because she said his head was unusually large. It’s been one week since he was born and he is still losing clear fluid out his left ear and throwing up each time he breastfeeds. What should I do to file a Birth Trauma claim?


Answers (1)

You need to take your baby to an ER or medical specialist right away. You should also hire an attorney to review all of your delivery records. Since the symptoms you’re describing can be tied to some rather serious medical conditions, you’ll need a good  doctor to rule out the presence of a skull fracture or other problem that might require immediate medical attention. While the improper use of forceps can cause a fracture, it may not be your doctor’s fault if such a condition now exists.

A lawyer who has handled a significant amount of birth trauma litigation will know how to properly evaluate your case and the potential negligence of others. Be ready to tell your attorney if your baby was born premature and if you were battling any particular medical problems of your own at the time of the birth.

Contact A Lawyer

0people found this useful

(1 Votes)

Not sure where to start? Use this form to contact an experienced attorney. They will provide a free consultation and assist you with choosing the right path for your case.

Talk to a Lawyer


Describe Your Case

Tell us more about your case so that we can show you lawyers that serve your area.

Please Log in to answer questions.

This site does not provide legal advice and users of this site should not interpret any of the information presented here as legal advice. The information provided merely conveys general information related to commonly asked legal questions. We are not a law firm and the employees responding to questions are not acting as your legal attorney. You should ultimately consult with a Lawyer for your case.