I think my childs cerebral palsy diagnosis was a result of medical errors during giving birth. How can I file a lawsuit?

My child was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy and I think it happened because of a mistake the doctor made during delivery.  Can I file a malpractice claim against the doctor?


Answers (1)

In situations where a birth trauma led to Cerebral Palsy in a child, it is important to contact an attorney to assess the facts and discuss your option.  Medical negligence at child birth can occur from a variety of factors, ranging from prolonged oxygen deprivation to the improper use of forceps or a vacuum extraction that caused a brain injury.  Doctors have various tools at their disposal and there are many methods of delivery that can limit the danger to the child during labor and avoid the incidence of birth trauma.  When doctors choose the wrong method or when they make major errors during delivery and cause brain damage, they should be held accountable.  If your child was injured because of the actions taken by the delivery doctor, you may have a medical malpractice case against the doctor and can file a claim to recover damages.

Contact A Lawyer

2people found this useful

(6 Votes)

Not sure where to start? Use this form to contact an experienced attorney. They will provide a free consultation and assist you with choosing the right path for your case.

Talk to a Lawyer


Describe Your Case

Tell us more about your case so that we can show you lawyers that serve your area.

Please Log in to answer questions.

This site does not provide legal advice and users of this site should not interpret any of the information presented here as legal advice. The information provided merely conveys general information related to commonly asked legal questions. We are not a law firm and the employees responding to questions are not acting as your legal attorney. You should ultimately consult with a Lawyer for your case.